Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Offline Android GPS Apps

Have you ever been lost in the woods or in a very rural area (think Deliverance) and wished you could use your cell phone as a GPS?  The problem is that without a device with preloaded maps or a data plan you are never going to find you way.

My brother has been wanting to replace his GPS with his droid tablet (w/o data) and has me researching offline GPS applications.  It appears that Android is going to be releasing an offline GPS, but I have not been able to find a clear release date.  In the mean time, I am looking into Co-Pilot Live USA (approx. $20 for offline maps) and there are rumors that TomTom is going to release an app.  I will be researching this more in the future and if you have any other recommendations of good offline android gps applications feel free to comment and leave your reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment